Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The State of the Financial Services Industry: New Game, New Rules, New Opportunities
Friday, April 27, 2012 from 7:00 AM to 9:30 AM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
Join the LA Chapters of the NBMBAA and UFSC for a thought provoking, enlightening discussion for senior banking and financial services professionals. Sponsored by Union Bank, this is a rare opportunity to get the inside scoop on the Financial Services Industry directly from our guest speaker out of the Washington DC Branch of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Sandra L. Thompson, Director, Division of Risk Management Supervision, who will be joined by an industry panel of experts to discuss:
· The impact of the regulatory changes in the financial services industry on financial professionals and on consumers
· Career implications of the changes in the financial industry - Are opportunities in the financial services industry expanding or shrinking?
· Dodd-Frank Legislation
· Are any banks "too big to fail"?
· Section 342
· Minority & Women Owned Contracting
· New Consumer Protection Rules
· Future of the community bank
Director Sandra L. Thompson is joined by esteemed panel experts:
Kurt M. Hocker, Executive Vice-President, Corporate Banking, Union Bank
Jeannie Finkel, Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
If you are a financial services or banking professional –
you don’t want to miss this!
Registration: 7am to 7:30am
Program with full breakfast: 7:30am to 9:30am
Parking is $4.50 in the LAAC Garage
When & Where
National Black MBA Association Los Angeles Chapter
VISION ~ MISSION
Established in 1970, the National Black MBA Association is dedicated to the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for Black business professionals and the African-America community.
The National Black MBA Association achieves its mission three principal ways:
- Providing innovative programs to stimulate intellectual and economic growth.
- Building partnerships with key stakeholders who help facilitate this growth.
- Increasing awareness of and access to graduate management education programs and career opportunities in management fields.